Batch Plant Supervisor
- Daily retrieving of orders on our management system and batching of orders per the logistics department planning.
- Ensuring that the concrete batched is in conformance with the quality specifications and mix design
- Communicating with the client and Sales/Logistics department regarding load times, any delays experienced, problems on site, etc.
- Communicating with the workshop and buying department regarding breakdowns and parts required
- Communicating with Area Manager and Quality Manager in respect of quality and production related issues.
- Daily supervision and management of all staff, including workshop staff. This includes discipline, poor performance management etc. This is done under the guidance of the HR department
- All administration for the Batch Plant, including employee timekeeping system, quality system, stock control, etc. This is all done on the company’s internal management system software.
- A minimum of 5 year’s experience in a ready-mix concrete batch plant operator role
- A minimum of 2 year’s experience in a supervisory role
- Good working knowledge of the properties of concrete, its application, and the production thereof
- Experience in leading and managing teams
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Understanding standard operating procedures within departments
- Qualifications required:
- Matric /Grade 12/ NQF level 4 equivalent
- Tertiary Qualification in Manufacturing/ Logistics/Supply Chain Management
- Course in First Line Management
Work Type: Part Time
Statute: PermanentApply Today