Verification Officer/ Repairer – Richards Bay
R Bay Scales are looking for a Qualified Verification Officer/ Repairer to join their team in Richards Bay.
Only Qualified people with relevant experience will be considered for the position, if you do not meet the requirements listed below you will not be contacted.
Please make sure you read all requirements and apply directly to the email address supplied below.
The Role and Responsibilities Of Verification Officer / Repairer:
- Have the authority and resources needed to carry out their duties and to identify the occurrence of deviations from the management system or from the procedures for performing verification work and reporting relevant incidents to the Technical Manger.
- Part taking in ongoing training to ensure that the necessary skills are maintained to assure competency and experience required of a VO.
- Uphold the policy to ensure the protection of its client’s confidential information and proprietary rights. The VO does this by keeping all types of sensitive and classified information both verbal, or written, concerning any client, needing protection secure, and all verification officers sign an undertaking to uphold this policy in the execution of verification activities.
- Assistance, where needed, with the implementation, control and managing the management system, assist, where needed, with conducting internal audits.
- Responsibilities with respect to performing verification work in terms of the requirements of the Legal Metrology Act and regulations and any relevant specification applicable to a verification procedure.
- Assistance in planning of verification activities and evaluation of results.
- Reporting of results via the various documents referred to in Section 5.10 of the Quality Manual.
- Completing, signing, and issuing of any certificates issued on behalf of the laboratory.
- Guardianship of his sealing pliers including prevention of unauthorized use thereof.
- Assist with any managerial duties.
- Ensuring that standard mass pieces in their possession are in a valid state of calibration and taking care to ensure that when transporting the mass pieces that they are packed and stored in a manner that they shall prevent damage (strapped down to prevent damage)
- Any other required duties or responsibilities
Competence, Training, Skills, Experience, Qualifications:
- Verification Officer/Repairer must have passed a trade test as a (minimum) preferably in the scale or associated industry.
- Minimum of Five to Ten years’ experience in the scale industry.
- Minimum of aMatric or T3 education is desirable as is being a registered Verification Officer/Repairer.
- Must have a qualification in Legal Metrology Mass with NRCS for this role
Should you have the correct experience and qualifications and want to apply.
Please Email your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact her Nikki on 0828714281 .
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted, all other CV’s will be deleted as per the POPI act.