Line Manager (Fabrication) – Westmead
Overall Job Purpose:
The Line Manager (Fabrication) is responsible for the operation of the Fabrication Department, supporting the Manager with the day-to-day management of their manufacturing area, overseeing a team of Fabricators and ensuring an efficient operation in achieving business targets. Please note that your job duties and requirements may include, but are not limited to:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reading and interpreting drawings.
- To fully understand Job card requirements.
- Ensure that team members follow defined manufacturing procedures and comply with quality requirements.
- Ensure equipment is within calibration date and all systems are functioning correctly.
- Ensure that non-conforming material is clearly identified and segregated.
- To improve manufacturing processes and enhance efficiency by noting areas that slow down the assembly line.
- Ensure achievement of production throughput against stated capacity targets.
- Ensure the team are aware of day to day targets and responsibilities.
- Taking part in product development meetings.
- Maintain visible lead for adherence to procedures and instructions.
- Monitor change over and/or line set up efficiency.
- Undertake continuous training and development
- Maintaining a production schedule.
- Testing products for their functionality.
- Reporting and detailing product malfunctions.
- Monitor time and attendance and ensure compliance with Company procedures.
- Monitor the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record on appropriate systems.
- Quality control, costing, shortages
- Must be a hands on person
- Work independently, reviewed infrequently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lead by example, gain respect from team and communicate with clarity whilst demonstrating excellence in approach to work and people activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage a wide variety of activities at the same time.
- Able to work cross functionally and collaboratively with many stakeholders.
- Solid understanding of all people related processes and procedures
- Matric/ Grade 12
- 2 – 5 Years
- Certificate/ Diploma in Production Management
- Must come from a production/manufacturing environment
- Must be a solder hand or tester