Full Stack Mobile App Developer
- Interpret requirements from the product development committee and participate in a team to design products to meet specifications, time, cost, and quality.
- Write applications for web and mobile devices.
- Write backend services to support web and mobile apps.
- Support a team maintaining high availability servers required for the apps.
- Maintain bug lists and wish lists in the company’s configuration system.
- Maintain a version control system and document changes to a high standard.
- Where applicable software should comply with industry standards and quality.
- Creation and maintenance of engineering documentation (database architecture, version control, memory maps, test procedures, etc.)
- Sourcing of software components suitable for the project/product.
- Manage deployment to Apple, Google, and Huawei app stores.
- Identify risks due to changing operating systems.
- Co-operate with all departments in the company and where necessary assist with solving customer problems.
- Track time spent on each project and submit timesheets monthly.
Knowledge in some of the following areas:
- Mobile App: React and React Native (essential), Java, Objective-C, Swift
- Backend: Java (essential), PHP, .Net, Python, Node.js, Spring Framework, Tomcat
- Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis
- Operating systems: Linux, Android, iOS
- Cloud services: AWS, Google, Microsoft, IBM
- Messaging: MQTT, RabbitMQ, Firebase Cloud Messaging, Huawei Push Service, WebSockets, REST, HTTPS
- Tools: Jira, Confluence, Git, SVN, BitBucket, Maven,
- Must have passed a diploma/degree course at a reputable institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of solid experience writing mobile apps, backend services and web app software.
- Full product design cycle experience.
- Ability to work in a team or individually.
- Good technical problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal communication skills and ability to produce documents in good written English.
- Willingness to travel if required.